Homelands closed on 26th December 2020 in line with Scottish Government lockdown regulations. On 13th April the First Minister confirmed that from 26th April 2021 self catering accommodation in Scotland will be allowed to re open and travel within Scotland and from England and Wales will be allowed . Homelands are therefore delighted to be reopening on 26th April 2021.
Please note there will still be some limitations regarding who can visit particularly regarding the number of households which can stay in an individual Lodge as Scotland eases out of lockdown. Please see below for more details.
Our offices will re open on Monday 12th April 2021 at 9.15am. Our hours will initially be limited to Monday-Wednesday 09.15-15.00 and Thursday 09.00-12.00 noon. We will be spending a lot of time in the lodges getting them ready for opening, therefore if you have an urgent query we would rather you e mail us and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Once we reopen we will continue to follow the strict Covid 19 cleaning and operational protocols developed in 2020 in reaction to the pandemic and will continue to do so until told it is safe to stop by the Government.
Some changes we are making at Homelands to reduce our coronavirus risk.
The Scottish Government has now issued guidance to self catering operators regarding changes they need to make to their operations in order to re open safely. We have signed up to follow this guidance and will be adhering to it strictly, we have even enhanced the requirements in a few places. This guidance has changed a few things at Homelands so even if you have visited us before we advise you read this to familiarise yourself and your party with these changes.
- One of the key changes we have instigated is a major overhaul of our changeover procedures, this has involved introducing a deep clean and disinfecting regime between each guest. Not only will we be spending more time wiping down all hard surfaces and touch points with virucidal disinfectants we will also "fog" each lodge with a non bleach virucidal disinfectant between each guest.
- The enhanced changeover procedures will obviously take us longer and we have therefore amended our arrival and departure times to facilitate this. We are now asking that you arrive after 16.30 and depart by 10.00.
- In order to reduce contact we will sadly no longer be able to personally greet you or show you around the lodge. Check in will now be self check in and keys will be obtained from a key safe at your lodge. Please make sure you have the code to the key safe which will be sent to you with your pre arrival instructions.
- In order to meet the enhanced disinfecting protocols for beds we will now only make up enough beds and provide enough towels for the number of people in your party as noted on our booking system. Our default position will be to make up the bed in the master bedroom in the configuration requested with the first single bed being the profiling bed. If this is not what you require or you have any queries please get in touch.
- Again to assist with our new changeover procedures we have removed a number of items from the Lodges including all books, leaflets, DVD's, games, decorative items including decorative soft furnishings and some less used kitchen utensils. We will gradually re introduce these items over the course of 2021 as the Covid risk recedes.
- We will not be able to provide BBQ's for the foreseeable future.
- We have also removed our local information and house instruction manuals. These can now be found in your guest account online. We strongly advise that you register your guest account before you arrive in order to be able to access items such as instructions for the central heating, kitchen appliances and hoists as well as the WIFI code and a reminder of your key code. To login into or register your account please visit the guest login area and follow the instructions. You will need the email address you gave us when you booked and your booking reference number.
Covid19 - Temporary amendment to our booking conditions*
As at 13th April 2021
For new Bookings Made from Friday 19th June 2020
The travel industry has received a lot of bad publicity regarding refunds for breaks that were booked during the lockdown period but could not be provided.
We are proud to say that since lock down was implemented on 22nd March 2020 we have refunded, moved free of charge or issued vouchers to the full value of the accommodation already paid to all affected clients.
As we move forward we understand you may still have concerns about the security of any money paid to us. Therefore, we are temporarily amending our booking terms and conditions for all bookings. These temporary changes are as follows:-
- Our non refundable deposit will reduce from 15% or £100 (whichever is the greater) to 7.5% or £50 (whichever is the greater)
- The dates by which full balances will need to be paid will reduce from 55 days prior to arrival to 27 days prior to arrival
- Our cancellation scale will change from
- 4-8 weeks prior to arrival: 50% of the total holiday cost
- 2-4 weeks prior to arrival: 75% of the total holiday cost
- less than 2 weeks prior to arrival: 100% of the total holiday cost will be retained.
- 28+ days prior to arrival full refund of holiday cost (less any booking protect premiums and non refundable deposits)
- 15-27 days prior to arrival 50% refund of the total holiday cost (less any booking protect premiums)
- 14 days or less prior to arrival: 100% of the total holiday cost
- We have added a Covid 19 Guarantee as follows:-
- We have added a lockdown guarantee as follows:-
- We have added a shielding guarantee as follows:-
- Bookings from multiple households for a single lodge.
- Covid restriction Levels and Lockdown Travel Restrictions
How to contact us.
Our office will be closed until Monday 12th April with staff working from home.
Please note our phone will not be answered. Please contact us by e mail. if you urgently need to speak to us we will respond as soon as possible, however please only contact us in the case of an emergency.