Booking Terms and Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
1. Payment: Homelands Trust-Fife SCIO (hereinafter referred to as “Homelands”) requires payment of a non – refundable deposit of 15% of the total holiday cost or £100 whichever is greater to confirm a booking.
The full balance is due by no later than 55 days prior to the start of your holiday. If the balance is not received in full by the due date, Homelands reserves the right to cancel the holiday without notice and without refund of the deposit.
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
If you pay by cheque we will charge £3 for each payment made this way to recover the cost of administering a cheque payment. If your payment is not honoured for any reason whatsoever, we are entitled to make an administration charge of 2.5%
2. Cancellations: Please inform us immediately by telephone or email if you must for any reason to cancel your holiday. Cancellation by telephone must be confirmed in writing within five working days.
Notification in writing of a cancellation at least 8 weeks in advance will only result in the loss of your deposit. If you cancel within 8 weeks of your arrival the following cancellation charges will apply (nb there will be no refunds for cheque payment charges at any stage).
- 4-8 weeks prior to arrival: 50% of the total holiday cost.
- 2-4 weeks prior to arrival: 75% of the total holiday cost.
- less than 2 weeks prior to arrival: 100% of the total holiday cost.
Alternatively should you cancel within 8 weeks of arrival you may choose to donate your week as a “respitality” week to person or persons identified by the Shared Care Scotland Respitality programme (for more information please visit:- https://www.sharedcarescotland.org.uk/respitality/ There is no charge for making a donation however by choosing to donate your break you forfeit any right to any refunds that may be due to you. To donate your break please contact us on 01333 329039
3. Adverse Travel Conditions: Bad weather can often affect travel plans. Homelands cannot be held responsible for the non-arrival of guests in the event of plane, road or rail disruptions due to adverse weather conditions, technical faults/ breakdowns or any form of industrial action. No refunds will be given in these circumstances.
4. Holiday & Cancellation Insurance: We strongly recommend that you take out your own holiday & cancellation insurance.
5. Arrival & Departure: The lodges will be available for check in from 3pm and check out is 10.30am on day of departure. Please note if you wish to be greeted by one of our team we are only available until 4pm on day of arrival.
If you arrive later than 4pm the key will be left in the key safe, the code to which you will have received with your confirmation documents please return the key to the key safe on your departure.
We cannot be held responsible for properties not being ready should you arrive earlier than the stated check-in time.
Ensuring that your lodge is clean and tidy prior to your departure helps us to keep costs down.
6. Help and Assistance: Should you require any assistance or information, a member of staff is usually available between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Saturday in the Paxton Centre. We are unable to provide carers but we can supply a contact list of local care providers for you to make your own arrangements.
7. Pets: Well-behaved pets are welcome by prior arrangement at £20 each per week. There is no charge for guide/ assistance dogs. Pets are only allowed in Cardy, Keil and Drummochy lodges. Please do NOT allow your pet onto beds or furniture. We reserve the right to charge a fee of up to £200 for a deep clean if there is evidence of pets on the furniture or around the lodge.
You may wish to bring your pets on holiday with you and we are delighted to accept three pets on each booking for a £20 charge per pet however we would expect all guests with pets to respect a few simple rules:
- Do not leave your pet alone either in the house or in the garden at any time.
- Do not allow your pet on the furniture.
- Do no allow your pet onto the beds.
- Do not allow your pets upstairs.
- When you leave please ensure you have removed all traces of pet hair from the lodge
- Please keep your pet on a lead within the grounds at all times.
- Please do not allow your pet to toilet in the garden areas in front of the lodges (overlooking the golf course), our dog spend area is the area behind the wellie garden and between the path to the village and the path to the bin store. We ask that you pick up after your dog and deposit waste in general bin ensuring doggy bags have been used.
8. Allergies: Massney lodge is designated as pet free. No bookings will be taken for pets in this property, however, please note we will accept service dogs in this property. Please contact us to discuss your particular requirements regarding this.
9. Linen / Laundry: Bedding and towels are provided. Additional bedding/pillows are available on request. There is a washing machine and tumble dryer for your use in the utility room of the lodge.
10. Electricity / Heating: No extra charge will be made for this. Bearing in mind that we are a charity, we ask guests not to be wasteful and suggest you keep the thermostats at 190C or below.
11. Parking: The lodges have a parking space for one standard vehicle only beside each. Additional parking for a second vehicle is available nearby. Please park with consideration for other guests. Vehicles, accessories and contents are left entirely at their owner’s risk. Homelands will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury to persons caused by others as a result of parking your vehicle on site.
12. Smoking: Smoking is not permitted in any of the lodges. We reserve the right to charge a fee of up to £200 for a deep clean to remove the smell of smoke from a lodge. We kindly request that guests smoke outdoors away from the lodges and dispose of all cigarette ends carefully.
13. Breakages and Damage: Please let reception know as soon as possible if anything gets broken or damaged during your stay or if anything is broken
or missing when you arrive. Guests will be liable to pay for any damages, repairs or extra cleaning incurred during their stay. We cannot be held liable for a breakdown of any facility, which is beyond our reasonable control. To help keep our costs down, please leave the lodge clean and tidy when you leave.
14. Personal injury: Homelands will not accept responsibility for any injury or loss / damage to personal property during your stay.
15. Lost Property: We strongly advise you to check and double check the lodge before checking out to ensure you have left nothing behind.
Should you still manage to forget something please contact us immediately and we will check your lodge. If we locate the lost item, we will discuss with you the best way to repatriate the item to you. Any costs we need to incur to facilitate this are payable by you by BAC’s. Items will not be dispatched until this payment is made. In addition, we will charge a £5 administration fee for all items sent by carrier
Homelands will not accept responsibility for any items left behind, including items found and subsequently lost by a carrier.
16. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of persons occupying the lodges must NOT exceed the number stated on the website or agreed in writing by Homelands (i.e. Six for Cardy, Massney and Keil and eight for Drummochy).
17. Specialist Equipment: Homelands has a selection of specialist equipment available free of charge. Please request the use of this when booking. We cannot be held liable for the non-availability of this equipment due to breakdown or other non-foreseeable event which is beyond our reasonable control.
Please remember if you are intending to use either our ceiling mounted tracking hoists or our portable hoists / stand aids we do not provide slings. We would therefore ask you to remember to bring your own slings with you (NB our hoists use looped slings). In addition, we are unable to provide training on the use of our hoists so if you do intend to use the hoists we would ask that carers are familiar with the use of such equipment.
18. Conduct: Please consider the enjoyment and privacy of other visitors and our neighbours.
19. Disposal of sharps: such as needles and lancets. You are responsible for the safe storage and disposal of sharps. If you require advice regarding this, please contact your local NHS Trust or GP prior to travelling to Homelands.
20. Complaints: It is the policy of Homelands to encourage and support Guests, Visitors, Staff and Volunteers to use the complaints procedure if they are unhappy with any aspect of the service. Should a problem occur whilst you are staying with us please inform a member of staff immediately in order to give us the opportunity to resolve the issue, this can be done during office hours at the Paxton Centre reception or out with office hours by calling the emergency contact number on 01333 329039. Should we be unable to resolve your complaint immediately you must put your complaint in writing to the General Manager, Homelands, 14a Links Road, Lundin Links, KY8 6AT within 28 days of your departure from Homelands quoting your original booking reference and giving all relevant information, we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 14 working days and reply fully within 28 days.
21. What is included: The booking secures the use of the property and its facilities for the agreed rental period. Bedding and towels are supplied but please bring your own towels for outdoors, the beach or your pets, if required. Wi-Fi available, however this facility cannot be guaranteed to be available at all times due to the unpredictability of Service Providers in the area
22. Circumstances beyond our control: At the time of booking you will be given the name of the property reserved for you. However, Homelands reserves the right to move you to another property with the guarantee that it will be of the same size or larger.
If for any reason a lodge has been rendered unsuitable for holiday letting (e.g. water damage/fire damage, break down of heating system etc.) on the date booked, we will endeavour to offer alternative accommodation or alternative dates, or offer a refund of all monies paid by the client.
23. Works and maintenance: At times it may be necessary for Homelands staff or contractors to access the lodges for maintenance/servicing of the property or equipment. All work will be carried out with a minimum of disruption to guests.
24. Marketing: Homelands retains information collected and may use it to provide you with holiday or special offers information providing you have given us permission to do so (please see our full privacy statement at https://www.homelands-fife.co.uk/privacy-policy/ ). We also appreciate your honest feedback for improvements; therefore, we may send you a questionnaire about your stay with us. We will never pass your information on to third parties.
25. Wi-Fi: Homelands cannot guarantee the provision of Wi-Fi at all times due to the unpredictability of Service Providers in the area.
26. These booking conditions were published in May 2018 and supersede all previous editions.